Joe Dierker is counsel in our Saskatoon office. Joe’s practice focuses on banking & financial institutions, corporate finance & securities, and corporate law & governance.
Joe Dierker's work is primarily related to corporate commercial, financial and legislative issues for financial institutions, providing ongoing advice relating to structuring, organizational and operational matters.
Joe has been extensively involved in the drafting of financial institutional legislation on a federal and provincial basis and the establishment of financial institutions. He has also worked extensively in restructuring and consolidating financial enterprises, as well as advising on major financial arrangements.
- Alberta, 1964
- Saskatchewan, 1961
- Certificate in Corporate Finance, Harvard Business School, 1976
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1960
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Saskatchewan, 1957
- Expert Network Distinguished Professional, The Expert Network, 2017
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Corporate Governance Practice (Saskatoon), 2020
- "Lawyer of the Year", Corporate Law (Saskatoon), 2019
- "Lawyer of the Year", Banking and Finance Law (Saskatoon), 2015, 2022
- Banking and Finance Law, 2015-present
- Corporate Governance Practice, 2015-present
- Corporate Law, 2015-present
- Credit Union Central of Canada Hall of Fame Award, Credit Union Central of Canada, 2013
- Saskatchewan Co-operatives Merit Award, Saskatchewan Co-operatives, 2005
- Distinguished Service Award, Canadian Bar Association Saskatchewan Branch, 2006
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 1991
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan