We assist our clients with every kind of legal issue or dispute that arises out of the workplace. We are involved at every step, from providing timely and proactive advice on emerging issues, through representation before the courts and other tribunals. Our clients include employers and employees across every sector, in both unionized and non-unionized workplaces.
In our labour law practice, we work with our clients to understand their industry and their long-term objectives. We help employers manage all aspects of their union relationships, from disputes before the labour relations board and boards of arbitration, to collective bargaining and interpretation.
In our employment law practice, we represent employers and employees in all types of litigation, including wrongful and constructive dismissal actions, human rights, employment standards complaints, and statutory appeals
The issues we can help you resolve include:
- Wrongful dismissal actions;
- Discipline and termination;
- Human rights complaints and the duty to accommodate;
- Employment standards complaints;
- Occupational health and safety;
- Workplace investigations and harassment complaints;
- Workplace policies, including drug and alcohol testing;
- Collective bargaining;
- Grievance arbitrations;
- Union certification, decertification and unfair labour practice complaints;
- Workers’ Compensation Board assessments and appeals; and
- Pension plan regulation.