The administration of an estate is a big responsibility. It is often a difficult and time-consuming process. Our lawyers understand this process and can assist personal representatives (such as executors and administrators) with working through this process in an efficient and timely manner. We spend time with the personal representative to ensure a smooth administration of an estate from beginning to end. Our team of lawyers has broad experience and is ready to assist with the legal aspects involved in a deceased person’s estate, such as:
- Reviewing Wills and other testamentary documents with the personal representatives.
- Assisting family members to decide who should apply to the Court to administer an estate if the deceased did not leave a Will.
- Obtaining letters probate or letters of administration so an estate can be distributed to beneficiaries.
- Preparation and filing of resealing applications for out of province estates that involve assets in Saskatchewan.
- Assisting personal representatives with distribution of estate assets located in Saskatchewan to beneficiaries.
- Assisting with the transition of business assets on behalf of the estate.
- Advising on all aspects of estate administration including estate tax, debts and distribution of assets to beneficiaries.
- Resolving issues involving dependants and minor beneficiaries of a deceased person, including matters involving the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee.
- Assisting personal representatives with accounting related to the estate.