Our tax lawyers work with individuals and businesses in two main areas: tax planning and tax disputes.
Tax planning is essential to ensure a tax-efficient transfer of personal and business assets. We work with your financial advisor to help develop and implement: (i) estate plans for individuals and business owners, and (ii) tax strategies for individuals and businesses looking to address present or future tax concerns.
Our tax litigation team assists clients with tax audits, requests for information, objections, and tax appeals. We provide experienced representation before all tax authorities and courts, including the Tax Court of Canada.
Our services include:
- Tax planning for new businesses
- Tax planning for family-owned businesses, including succession planning
- Reorganization and restructuring of existing businesses, including farming operations
- Financing transactions
- Division of family property
- Tax advice and opinions in connection with public offerings
- Tax planning for estate purposes
- Purchase or sale of a business
- Purchase or sale of property
- Income tax
- Charitable foundations
- Creation and use of trusts, including family trusts and employee benefit trusts
- GST-related matters
- PST-related matters
- Tax objections and appeals