Our Experience

We provide comprehensive immigration and citizenship services: 

  • SINP applications for employer and employee; 
  • Work Permits; 
  • LMIA/LMIA Exemptions; 
  • Farm and Entrepreneur Applications; 
  • Citizenship Applications; 
  • Express Entry Applications; 
  • Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications; 
  • Sponsorship (all family classes); 
  • Criminal Rehabilitation for Inadmissibility and Pre-Removal Risk Assessment; 
  • Study Permits; 
  • Temporary Resident Permits; 
  • Visitor Visa; 
  • Immigration Appeals before Immigration Appeal Division;
  • Refugee Application, Hearings, and Appeals; and
  • Federal Court Judicial Review Applications and Stay of Removal Applications. 

The Canadian Immigration And Temporary Foreign Worker Program is becoming increasingly complex. Now, more than ever, it is important to have the guidance of a lawyer experienced with the system and process.

Visiting Canada 

Depending on your country of citizenship, you may require a visa or ETA to enter Canada. A Temporary Resident Visa will permit you to enter Canada to visit family, friends, and conduct certain activities as a business visitor. Certain business visitors may enter Canada without the need for a permit. We regularly advise clients on permitted activities for business visitors and assist in the preparation of visa applications.

Studying in Canada

In order to study in Canada you must be accepted into a designated post-secondary learning institution and have the sufficient funds to cover your expenses while you are in Canada. For many foreign students in Canada, studying in Canada is the first step to being a Permanent Resident. Graduates from Canadian Universities and Technical Colleges are eligible for post-secondary work permits and in Saskatchewan eligible under the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program for Permanent Residence.  Our team is skilled and knowledgeable to help navigate the process of studying in Canada and applying for Permanent Residence under student class categories.

Hiring a Foreign Worker and Working in Canada

We assist corporations/employers in understanding the legal steps that must be followed before bringing potential employees to Canada. We also help identify the reasons why a foreign national may not be permitted entry to Canada, and advise on options to overcome these challenges. We regularly provide advice and assistance on applications for the following categories of workers in Canada:

  • Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program; 

  • Intra-Company Transfers; 

  • NAFTA Professionals; 

  • LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) Exempt Work Permits;  

  • LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) Applications for High and Low Skilled Positions; 

  • The Temporary Foreign Worker Program; 

  • Spousal Work Permits; and

  • Post-Graduate Work Permits.  

Our clients rely on us to help them through the paperwork required to successfully bring an employee to Canada.

Family Sponsorship

Family reunification is one of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada’s highest priorities. Only the following members of the family class may be sponsored:

  • Spouses, common-law, conjugal partners 18 years age or older; 

  • Parents and grandparents; 

  • Dependent children, including adopted children; and 

  • Brother, sisters, nephews, nieces, or grandchildren who are orphans under the age of 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship. 

We are there to help you through the process and understand the steps required to sponsor a loved one, the eligibility requirements for permanent residency, and the tests that the immigration officers use to assess whether an individual may be granted entry in Canada, amongst other matters.  

Should an immigration office refuse an application for sponsorship, the sponsor may be eligible to appeal the decision. For further information regarding the procedures for applying for a Family Sponsorship or appeal please contact us.

Permanent Residence and Citizenship

Applying for Permanent Residence is the first step to becoming a Canadian Citizen. Permanent Residents do not require a work permit to work in Canada and enjoy almost all the same benefits and privileges to Canadian citizens with some exceptions.
There are a number of ways to apply for Permanent Residency, either through an economic route such as the Express Entry Federal system, Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program, Family Sponsorship, or through the Refugee or Humanitarian and Compassionate programs. 

There are various requirements once must comply with in order to apply for Canadian Citizenship, such as residency requirements. It is important to note that every case is different and unique. We pride ourselves on being up to date with the ever-changing rules and regulations surrounding Immigration and Citizenship law in Canada and we can help navigate this complex system.

Refugee Protection Applications 

In individual may be considered a Convention refugee if they have a well-founded fear of persecution upon returning to their country of citizenship or permanent residence. The five forms of persecution recognized by the international community are: race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular group (i.e., gender, sexual orientation, etc.), and political opinion. We are experienced litigators that can help assist with the preparing of the Basic of Claim (BOC) form and represent you and your family before the Immigration Refugee Board of Canada.

Overcoming Inadmissibility to Canada

Whether you have a prior criminal record or you were recently convicted of a crime in Canada you may be inadmissible as a visitor, student, or worker in Canada. We regularly provide guidance and represent clients before the Immigration Refugee Board of Canada, Immigration Appeal Division, and Federal Court of Canada regarding inadmissibility issues. We can assist you in preparing your application by outlining key documents and by corresponding on your behalf with Immigration and Refugee Citizenship Canada and the Canada Border Services Agency.

We have experience in all aspects of Canadian Immigration law. If you would like to learn more about our services, or you require assistance, please contact Jyoti Haeusler by phone or email to schedule your appointment.