Jyoti Haeusler is a partner in the firm’s Regina office. Jyoti maintains a broad family and immigration law practice. Jyoti has experience with a variety of complex family law disputes. Jyoti has argued successfully before the Saskatchewan Court of King’s Bench, Court of Appeal, Immigration Refugee Board of Canada, Immigration Appeal Division, and Federal Court of Canada.
Jyoti Haeusler has a general practice focusing on family and immigration law. Jyoti has extensive litigation experience and handles all types of family law matters, including divorce, family maintenance, child and spousal support, division of property, and parenting and custody.
Jyoti assists clients with preparing application under the federal and provincial guidelines for immigration in Canada. In addition to the preparation of applications, Jyoti assists clients with refugee, humanitarian and compassionate applications, and appeals to the Federal Court of Canada. She has represented clients before the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, Immigration Appeal Division, as well the Federal Court of Canada.
Jyoti is an active member of the Immigration Section of the Canadian Bar Association, fulfilling such past roles as, Member-At-Large and Submissions Coordinator for the National Immigration Section of the Canadian Bar Association and Chair for the Saskatchewan Section.
- Saskatchewan, 2011
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, 2010
- Master of Arts, Religious Studies, University of Saskatchewan, 2006
- Bachelor of Arts, Religious Studies (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2002
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Canadian Bar Association
- Submissions Coordinator, National Immigration Law Section, 2020-present
- Member at Large, National Immigration Law Section, 2020-present
- Chair, Immigration Law South Section, 2018-2020
- Vice Chair, Immigration Law South Section, 2016-2018
- Legislation and Law Reform Representative, Immigration Law South Section Saskatchewan, 2014-2015
- Chair, Young Lawyers South Chapter, 2012-2013
- Regina Bar Association
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- St. Kateri Tekakwitha CSCC
- Director, 2018-2020
- Secretary, 2017-2018
- Caring Hearts, Board of Directors, 2019-2022
- Saskatchewan Craft Council Board of Directors, 2014-2017
- Pro Bono Law Canada, Volunteer, 2010- present
- Regina Transition House, Board of Directors, 2010-2012
- Appointed to Federal Judicial Advisory Committee: Saskatchewan, 2022-2024