We can assist with all types of loan, financing and security matters, including:
- Facilitating lending and borrowing transactions;
- Preparing agreements, including loan and credit agreements, commitment letters and offers to finance;
- Negotiating financing arrangements and inter-creditor agreements;
- Structuring loans and security;
- Securing interests in all types of property, including on personal property, intellectual property, land and leases (for example, security agreements, mortgages, debentures, collateral security, and guarantees);
- Conducting and reporting on due diligence searches;
- Registering and perfecting security in the Saskatchewan Land Titles Registry, the Saskatchewan Personal Property Registry, the Ministry of Energy and Resources, the Bank Act, and certain extra-jurisdictions registries;
- Advising private and foreign lenders on financial licensing and reporting requirements;
- Assessing trust and beneficial and nominee ownership structures, particularly in relation to real property loans;
- Reviewing corporate borrower records and preparing corporate authorizations and certificates;
- Preparing and negotiating legal opinions; and
- Advising on personal property collateral priority rules
We have significant experience in national transactions that have a Saskatchewan element. Our team works seamlessly with law firms from outside the province to provide cost-efficient added value.
We have in-depth knowledge of unique Saskatchewan farm land and farming security issues, including farmland ownership matters and applications to the Farm Land Security Board.