We advise on all aspects of environmental law in Saskatchewan. Our clients include real estate and project developers, landowners, lenders, receivers, monitors, government entities, and business owners across all industry sectors.
Canadian environmental law includes federal, provincial, and municipal regulation. These regulations create obligations and responsibilities, as well as potential liabilities for businesses. Our environmental group assists clients to navigate through this multi-layered area of law and its challenges, and provides advice on all aspects of compliance to avoid or mitigate environmental liability risk.
Our services include advising on:
- Environmental civil and regulatory litigation;
- Land contamination and remediation;
- Environmental assessments;
- Project permitting and approvals;
- Regulatory compliance;
- Indigenous resource matters;
- The legal duty to consult and accommodate;
- The development of risk-management strategies;
- Transactional environmental due diligence;
- Brownfield redevelopment;
- Environmental insurance;
- Hazardous and Dangerous Goods compliance and waste management;
- Species at Risk;
- Water related issues, including assisting land owners and industrial water users in applying for water rights licences, water approvals, drainage approvals, and permits for construction of waterworks;
- Heritage Resource Impact Assessments;
- Renewable energy projects; and
- Emission control and abatement.