Guardianship is required for a dependent person who lacks the capacity to make decisions and does not have a Power of Attorney. A guardian is a person who is appointed to make decisions for a dependant adult, including property and personal decisions. Our lawyers are well-experienced with guardianship applications and work with families and loved ones to:
- Determine whether guardianship may be needed and who can apply.
- Advise on the type of guardianship that may be needed.
- Advise on the responsibilities of the guardian.
- Put together the application for guardianship for submission to the Public Guardian and Trustee’s Office and the Saskatchewan Court of Queen’s Bench.
- Assist with contested guardianship applications.
- Assist the guardian with the annual accounting to the Public Guardian and Trustee’s Office.
- Assist with disputes that may arise in the course of the guardian’s decision-making.