Gordon is a partner in the firm’s Saskatoon office. His practice focuses on all aspects of labour & employment law, arbitration law and adjudication. He regularly represents clients before the Labour Relations Board, arbitration boards and the courts. Prior to joining the firm, Gordon held senior executive corporate roles and senior adjudicative positions.
Gordon supports companies and organizations by providing practical advice on labour and employment matters. He advises on collective bargaining, arbitration, mediation, human resources, privacy, workplace harassment, employment standards, and workplace safety.
He has spent more than 20 years adjudicating disputes involving labour, employment, and securities law issues. He has recently completed advanced training to conduct commercial arbitrations and construction adjudications.
Gordon has advised clients in many industries, including: financial services, education, agriculture, manufacturing, food processing, transportation, telecommunications, oil & gas, mining, construction, and health services.
Gordon offers a diverse perspective:
- as a senior human resources executive (SVP),
- as a tenured full-time business studies faculty,
- as a full-time adjudicator on the Canada Industrial Relations Board,
- as a part-time adjudicator on the Saskatchewan Labour Relations Board,
- as a part-time adjudicator with the Saskatchewan Securities Commission.
Gordon has completed post-secondary legal education at three different universities in Canada and Scotland, and received negotiations training from MIT-Tufts-Harvard Law School’s Program on Negotiation.
- Saskatchewan, 1990
- Master of Laws in Construction Law Adjudication & Commercial Arbitration, Robert Gordon University (Scotland), 2022
- Master of Laws in Labour & Employment Law, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 2008
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, 1989
- Bachelor of Arts, Mount Allison University, 1978
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
- Saskatchewan Administrative Tribunals Association
- ADR Institute of Saskatchewan
- Gordon has been a parent volunteer with minor hockey, outdoor soccer, youth rugby and his church’s music program.