James Morrison is a partner in the Saskatoon office. He has extensive training and experience in all aspects of Dispute Resolution, including mediation, arbitration and collaborative law. He is an experienced court room advocate.
James’s practice is focused primarily on family law, estates and civil litigation. James has extensive experience in each of these areas, not only as a litigator, but also as a certified mediator, collaborative lawyer and arbitrator. James is well known throughout Saskatchewan for his proficiency in assisting parties in achieving creative solutions through alternative dispute resolution.
James has extensive court room experience, representing clients at trial in the Court of Queen’s Bench and appearing on behalf of clients before the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal. James is a Qualified Arbitrator, having been certified by the ADR Institute of Canada.
James has built his practice on a foundation of professional integrity and ethics, and works diligently on behalf of his clients.
- Saskatchewan, 1983
- Qualified Arbitrator, ADR Institute of Canada, 2021
- Certified Collaborative Lawyer, Collaborative Professionals of Saskatchewan, 2002
- Certified Mediator, The Law Society of Saskatchewan, 1990
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1982
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Saskatchewan, 1980
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 2016
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Family Law, 2022
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Family Law, 2016-present
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Collaborative Lawyers of Saskatchewan