Bob Kennedy’s practise is focused on civil litigation and arbitration, including complex corporate and commercial disputes. He acts as a litigation counsel in the Saskatoon office offering his experience and knowledge to other members of McDougall Gauley’s litigation team.
Bob has focused on all aspects of general civil litigation throughout his career. He is presently dealing with a variety of litigation and arbitration files in the corporate and commercial areas including breach of contract, corporate wrong doing and professional mal-practise.
Bob has argued cases before all levels of court in Saskatchewan, the Alberta and Manitoba Court’s of Queen’s Bench, the Manitoba Court of Appeal, the Federal Court and the Federal Court of Appeal as well as the Supreme Court of Canada.
Has presented at Law Society of Saskatchewan (LSS), Canadian Bar Association (CBA), Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association (STLA)-on various dates and litigation related topics.
- Saskatchewan, 1977
- Qualified Arbitrator, ADR Institute of Canada, 2020
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1975
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Saskatchewan, 1974
- ''Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Personal Injury Litigation (Saskatoon), 2021
- Legal Malpractice Law, 2017-present
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2015-present
- Personal Injury Litigation, 2015-present
- Lexpert® Directory, Lit. - Corp. Comm.; Pers. Inj., 2012
- Queen’s Counsel, 2001
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Bencher, 2004-2009
- Queen's Bench Rules Committee, 1997-2004
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Saskatchewan Legal Aid Commission
- Vice-Chair, 2006-2009
- Commissioner, 2004-2009
- Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Inc.
- Director, 1998-2004
- Canadian Bar Association Saskatchewan Provincial Council, Member, 1996-2003
- Queen’s Bench Rules Tariff Revision Committee, 2013-2015
- Queen’s Bench Rules Revision Consultation Committee, 2009-2013
- Lecturer in Civil Procedure, University of Saskatchewan, College of Law, 2007-present