Murray Sawatzky is a partner in our Regina office. Murray practises broadly in the area of litigation and arbitration which includes commercial, construction, environmental, and debtor creditor law. He has particular focus on complex commercial and construction dispute resolution.
Murray Sawatzky's practice focuses on commercial litigation with a particular emphasis on construction, tendering, and product warranty litigation. He provides representation to project owners, construction companies, engineers, and bonding companies, as well as provides advice and conducts litigation on behalf of agricultural equipment manufacturers and petroleum companies.
His experience, since his articles of clerkship at the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal, has taken him to all levels of court, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
Murray was inducted as a Fellow to the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers in 2010. This prestigious recognition is awarded to lawyers who are distinguished for their skill, experience and high standards of professional and ethical conduct in the practice or teaching of construction law and who are dedicated to excellence in the specialized practice of construction law.
- Saskatchewan, 1986
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1985
- Bachelor of Arts (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 1981
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- Environmental Law, 2021
- "Lawyer of the Year", Construction Law (Regina), 2014, 2018, 2020
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2020-present
- Construction Law, 2006-present
- Lexpert, Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers, 2020
- Fellow to the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers, 2010
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 2008
- Canadian Bar Association
- President, Saskatchewan Branch, 2008–2009
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Regina Bar Association
- Canadian College of Construction Lawyers, Fellow, 2010
- Saskatchewan Construction Association
- Regina Construction Association
- Ronald McDonald House, Director