Ken Ready is an experienced lawyer, having practised law in Saskatchewan since 1976. He became a partner in the firm McDougall Ready Wakeling in 1984 (now McDougall Gauley LLP) and named a Queen’s Counsel in 1994.
Ken’s preferred area of practise is civil litigation. This includes matters involving products liability claims, class actions, and personal injury.
In personal injury, Ken is one of the few lawyers in Saskatchewan who regularly represents plaintiffs in medical malpractice claims. This includes actions involving medical doctors (and the specialized disciplines of medicine), dentists, chiropractors and affiliated disciplines providing treatment and delivery of health care.
In 2016, Ken was named as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada in Health Care Law and Medical Negligence.
Ken’s work in the area of civil litigation has involved trials in Provincial Court and Court of Queen’s Bench before a Judge alone, or a Judge and Jury, and appeals before the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Ken has broad experience as a volunteer in a number of community, provincial, and national organizations. He can fix most things that are broken, and enjoys home improvements, renovations and building “stuff”. Occasionally he actually finishes what he started.
- Saskatchewan, 1977
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1976
- Bachelor of Arts (History), University of Regina, 1975
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- Health Care Law, 2016-present
- Medical Negligence, 2016-present
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 1994
- Canadian Bar Association
- Chair/Member, National Pensions for Judge's Spouses and Judges' Salaries Committee, 1998-1999
- Chair, Health Law South Section, 1998-1999
- National Executive Committee, 1992-1994
- Past President, Saskatchewan Branch, 1992
- Chair/Member, National Member Services Committee, 1987-1993
- Chair, Civil Litigation South Section, 1984-1986
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Regina Bar Association
- Minister of Justice (Saskatchewan) Advisory Committee on Dispute Resolution, Member, 1995-2000
- Skate Regina, Chair, 2006-2008
- Saskatchewan Baseball Association, Commissioner for Baseball, 1997-present
- Regina Summer Stage Inc., Director, 2001-present
- Theatre Regina Inc., Director, 2004-2008
- Do It With Class Young People's Theatre Inc.
- Chair, 2004-2006
- Director, 2001-2008
- Arthritis Society
- National Board, Chair, 2012-2014
- National Board, Board of Directors, 2008-present
- Saskatchewan Division, Chair, 2002-2004
- Saskatchewan Division, Board of Directors, 1998-present
- Lakeview United Church
- Chair, 2004-2006, 2014-present
- Board of Directors, 2002-present