Ian Sutherland is a senior litigation partner in the Saskatoon office. He is also a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
In the scope of his practice, Ian regularly acts for financial institutions, Licensed Insolvency Trustees, financially distressed companies, and other creditors in court proceedings under:
- The Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act,
- The Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act;
- The Saskatchewan Farm Security Act; and
- The Personal Property Security Act.
Ian has appeared before various levels of the judiciary in Saskatchewan and Manitoba, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Saskatchewan, 1988
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1987
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law (Saskatoon), 2020, 2022
- "Lawyer of the Year", Banking and Finance Law (Saskatoon), 2019
- Asset Based Lending Practice, 2022
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, 2015-present
- Banking and Finance Law, 2010-present
- Insolvency Institute of Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency North Section, 2001-present
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association, 2004-present
- The Saskatoon Club
- Board of Directors, 2019-present
- Human Resources Committee, 2019-present