William Lane is a litigation associate whose practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, construction disputes, and administrative law. He has appeared before the Court of Appeal and Court of Queen’s Bench for Saskatchewan, as well as various administrative tribunals.
William practices civil litigation, with an emphasis on complex commercial litigation, construction disputes, and administrative law. He has appeared before the Court of Appeal and Court of Queen’s Bench for Saskatchewan, and before various administrative tribunals.
William is the co-author of an annual article that reviews the previous year’s decisions from the Court of Appeal for Saskatchewan, published in the Saskatchewan Law Review. In 2018, he was elected to a three-year term as a Bencher for the Law Society of Saskatchewan.
During law school, William was an Editor and subsequently Managing Editor of the Saskatchewan Law Review. After graduating from the University of Saskatchewan, College of Law in 2014, William clerked at the Court of Appeal for Saskatchewan. He then obtained a Master of Laws from the University of Chicago Law School.
Atwater Investment LP v BMO Life Assurance Company, 2021 SKCA 36
- Saskatchewan, 2015
- Master of Laws, University of Chicago, 2016
- Juris Doctor (Great Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2014
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons), in Political Studies (High Honours), University of Saskatchewan, 2011
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Ones to Watch", Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2022
While attending law school, William won several academic awards, including:
- College of Law Academic Excellence Scholarship, 2013
- Cecil G. Schmitt Prize for Highest Standing in Company Law, 2013
- Blake, Cassels & Graydon Prize for Highest Standing in Contract Law, 2012
- John Trevor Maldwyn Jones Scholarship for Scholarship and Academic Progress, 2012
- Award, Nasser Scholarship Fund, 2012
- University Honours Scholarship for Academic Achievement, 2011
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Bencher, 2018-present
- Regina Bar Association
Saskatchewan Law Review
- Managing Editor, 2013-2014
- Editor, 2012-2013