Michael Phillips carries a general litigation practice with an emphasis on the areas of labour and employment law. Michael regularly advises employers on all aspects of labour relations and employment, including collective bargaining, human rights, certification, grievance, and arbitration, discipline and dismissal.
Michael has appeared before the Saskatchewan Court of Queen's Bench, Saskatchewan Provincial Court, Saskatchewan Labour Relations Board, Saskatchewan Human Rights Tribunal and numerous boards of arbitration.
Michael was the recipient of the 2003 Law Society of Saskatchewan and the Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Award of Excellence.
- Saskatchewan, 2003
- Bachelor of Laws (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Saskatchewan, 1998
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Lawyers in Canada", Labour and Employment Law, 2015-present
- Law Society of Saskatchewan and the Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Inc. Award of Excellence, 2003
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Regina Bar Association
“The Role of In-House Counsel in Labour Relations Matters”, Canadian Corporate Counsel Association Conference, Panel Member, 2013
“Duty to Accommodate – Mental Illness”