Ellen Fitzgerald is an associate at the firm’s Saskatoon office. She maintains a general litigation practice. Ellen is fluent in both French and English.
Ellen joined the firm as an associate lawyer in 2022 after completing a clerkship with the Court of Appeal. While serving as a Law Clerk, Ellen clerked for Justice Jerome Tholl, Justice Neal Caldwell, and Justice Peter Whitmore.
Ellen graduated from law school with Distinction from the University of Saskatchewan College of Law. During law school Ellen was a student in the Certificate in Common Law in French program and did one third of her law degree in French through the University of Ottawa. Through this program, she competed in the 2021 Michel Bastarache Moot competition, earning third place. Ellen was also a volunteer with Pro Bono Students Canada during all three years of law school, and was a student project co-ordinator for two years. In her spare time, Ellen enjoys travelling, reading, cycling, and cooking.
Ellen was born and raised in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- Bar Admission, Saskatchewan, 2022
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, 2021
- Certificate in Common Law in French, University of Ottawa, 2021
- Bachelor of Arts, French Language, University of Saskatchewan, 2017
- Douglas A. Schmeiser Prize in Criminal Procedure, 2020
- The G. Murray Forbes Memorial Bursary, 2020
- Phillip Edward Mackenzie Scholarship, 2019
- Law Foundation of Saskatchewan Harry Dahlem Scholarship, 2019
- Silas E. Halyk Prize in Criminal Law 2019 MacIsaac, Sinclair, McNeil First-Year Moot Court Prize, 2019
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Pro Bono Students Canada Volunteer, YWCA Sexual Assault Survivors Toolkit
- Pro Bono Students Canada Volunteer, The Consent Project