Aaron Fox was called to the Saskatchewan Bar in 1978. He was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 1997 and inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers in 2001. He has been recognized by “Best Lawyers” in the Criminal Defence area since 2006. His primary areas of practice are criminal law, professional discipline, and regulatory defence. He is Chair of the McDougall Gauley Defence Team.
Aaron has appeared in every level of court in Canada. He has also conducted discipline defence work for various professions, including doctors, police officers, nurses, occupational therapists, accountants, and social workers.
Aaron has been a regular lecturer and presenter at various continuing legal education programs. In 2002 he was presented with a Saskatchewan Legal Education Society volunteer award. In 2011 he was the Si Halyk, Q.C. Visiting Scholar in Advocacy at the University of Saskatchewan. He received the Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association Outstanding Lawyer Award in 2017. He also is an Advocacy Advisor for the Supreme Court of Canada Advocacy Institute.
2021 SKCA 43
2021 SKQB 15
2017 SKPC 101
- Saskatchewan, 1978
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1977
- Bachelor of Arts (English), University of Saskatchewan, 1974
- Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Criminal Defence (Regina), 2021
- Criminal Defence, 2006-present
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers’ Association Outstanding Lawyer Award, 2017
- Si Halyk, Q.C. Visiting Scholar in Advocacy, University of Saskatchewan, 2011
- Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Volunteer Award, 2002
- Fellow of American College of Trial Lawyers, 2001
- Queen’s Counsel, 1997
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Regina Bar Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- International Commission of Jurists
- Ehrlo Society Outdoor Hockey League, Coach, 2017-present
- President, Wascana Country Club, 2012
- Director, Saskatchewan Hockey Hall of Fame, 2009-2020
- World Under 17 Hockey Challenge, Chair of Host Committee, 2006
- All levels of hockey up to and including Midget AAA , Hockey Coach and Mentor, 2002-2021
- Royal Canadian Legion, Associate Member