William (Bill) Nickel’s practice focuses on corporate commercial and securities law related matters. He assists entrepreneurs and established clients with incorporation or formation, mergers and acquisitions, raising capital through debt or equity offerings, and traditional commercial financing, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, reporting and continuous disclosure obligations.
Bill Nickel’s practice focuses on securities law and corporate and commercial matters. His securities law practice includes structuring public offerings, private placements and providing guidance and assistance to clients who need to meet their continuous disclosure obligations.
His corporate and commercial practice focuses on assisting clients in a wide variety of endeavors, ranging from incorporating the entrepreneur to assisting established clients with financing, raising equity, mergers, acquisitions, and corporate governance. He represents a number of Saskatchewan-based companies and extra-provincially registered companies in Saskatchewan.
Bill has assisted many clients through initial formation, incorporation, raising of initial start-up capital, one or more public offering or private placements, debt financing and, if necessary and on an ongoing basis, with fulfilling their reporting requirements to shareholders and regulatory authorities. He also provides assistance to clients in areas of asset and share purchase transactions, preparing information circulars and proxy solicitations for annual or special meetings of shareholders, facilitating friendly take over bids, and defending hostile take-over bids.
- Saskatchewan, 1995
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, 1995
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical), University of Saskatchewan, 1990
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Mergers and Acquisitions, 2022
- Mergers and Acquisitions, 2022-present
- Venture Capital Law, 2022-present
- Corporate Governance Practice, 2021-present
- Corporate Law, 2021-present
- "Lawyer of the Year", Securities Law (Saskatoon), 2017
- Energy Law, 2015-present
- Oil & Gas Law, 2015-present
- "Lawyer of the Year", Securities Law (Regina), 2013
- Securities Law, 2012-present
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association