Wayne works primarily in the business and corporate world but this also encompasses estate and business succession planning, both simple and complex, and real estate from straightforward residential to complex commercial, including financing. Wayne's daily motto is this: “Make every situation I am involved in better for me having been there; every situation and every person is important”.
Wayne Bernakevitch does extensive work in both commercial and residential real estate including financing, estate planning, and corporate and related law. He specializes in complex estate planning, business successions and transitions, corporate and business structuring, organization and reorganization of businesses and corporate governance.
Wayne also has extensive experience in the not-for-profit sector including working with charitable entities and foundations.
- Saskatchewan 1983
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, 1982
- Bachelor of Arts (Distinction), University of Regina, 1973
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Corporate Governance Practice, 2022
- Corporate Governance Practice, 2021-present
- Real Estate Law, 2015-present
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Regina Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners
- Regina Chamber of Commerce, past director and past president
- Director on 20 non-profit corporate boards
- Grey Cup and World Under 17 Hockey organizing committees, Vice President Legal
- Volunteer hockey, baseball and golf coach for many years