Sherry Fitzsimmons is a senior family law lawyer. Her practice covers all aspects of divorce, division of property, spousal support, child support, and parenting. She is skilled in negotiating complex agreements and has a successful track record litigating at all levels of court. She is also a family law arbitrator and trained collaborative law lawyer. Sherry was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 2018.
Over the last 25 years, Sherry has participated in landmark cases that have shaped the larger legal landscape in the areas of property division, support, and parenting. She is a sought after speaker and presenter on family law topics within the profession and the community.
Since 2013, Sherry is recognized by her peers through Best Lawyers Canada as one of the leading family law lawyers in Saskatchewan. She is also one of only a few Saskatchewan family law lawyers designated by her peers as repeated recommended in the Lexpert Legal Directory.
In 2018, Sherry was invited to join the Steering Committee of the Cambridge Forum for Senior Family Lawyers, composed of 44 of the most experienced family law practitioners in Canada.
Sherry frequently appears as a panelist and speaker at various legal education programs in family law.
Sherry views mentorship opportunities as a way to challenge herself and to share the benefit of her experience with others. She serves on the firm’s Associate Development Committee, and serves as a formal mentor for the Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association.
Sherry also serves on the firm’s Business Development Committee.
- Saskatchewan, 1996
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1995
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Saskatchewan, 1992
- Best Lawyers in Canada
- Family Law Mediation, 2022
- Professional Malpractice Law, 2022
- Alternate Dispute Resolution, 2021-present
- Family Law, 2013-present
- Lexpert, Repeatedly Recommended
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2018
- Canadian Bar Association
- Elected Member of CBA Council, 2009-2012
- Chair, Family Law South Section, 2001 – 2002
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Advocate Editorial Committee Member, 2020-2021
- President, 2007-2018
- Member, 1996-present
- Collaborative Lawyers of Saskatchewan, 2001-present
- Queen’s Counsel Selection Committee, Law Society of Saskatchewan, 2020 and 2021
- Committee member, Law Society of Saskatchewan, Family Law Chambers Advocacy Workshop, April, 2019
- Steering Committee, Cambridge Forums - Canadian Family Law Forum, Langdon Hall, Ontario, November, 2018 and 2019
- Chair of Planning Committee, Canadian Bar Association Mid-Winter Meeting, 2011
- Chair, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association Spring Conference 2005-Media and the Law
- Chair of Planning Committee, Canadian Bar Association Mid-Winter Meeting, 2004
- Chair, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association Fall Conference 2001, Class Actions and Collaborative Lawyering