Mark Yemen leads McDougall Gauley’s municipal law and mergers & acquisitions practice groups. Mark has extensive experience in the construction and infrastructure practice area and provides strategic and procurement advice on major construction and infrastructure projects.
Mark’s general corporate commercial practice focuses on procurement, construction, municipal law, land development, and mergers and acquisitions. After working at McDougall Gauley LLP in Regina for several years, Mark worked as in-house counsel at the City of Regina before returning to McDougall Gauley LLP and moving to the Saskatoon office.
Mark has provided legal support for some of Saskatchewan’s most complex infrastructure projects. Mark was lead internal counsel for the City of Regina’s Stadium Project, provided legal support on the City’s wastewater treatment plant P3 project. He is currently providing legal support on the Buffalo Pound Water Treatment Plant Renewal Project.
Mark is a member of McDougall Gauley's Executive Committee.
- Saskatchewan, 2006
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 2005
- Bachelor of Commerce (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2004
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Mergers and Acquisitions Law (Saskatoon), 2021, 2023
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021, 2023
- Canadian Bar Association
- Business Law South Section, Past Chair
- Legislation & Law Reform Review, 2006-2008
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Regina Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Past President
- Youth hockey and soccer, Coach, 2016-present
- Ringette Saskatchewan, Board of Directors, 2011-2014
- Grey Cup Regina, 2013