Heather Laing, K.C. is the chair of McDougall Gauley's Insurance Law Team. Heather focuses on defending complex and large loss claims involving property damage, construction, and professional liability.
Heather practices exclusively in insurance law and litigation, including claims involving property and fire losses, construction liability, professional liability, healthcare claims, personal injury, automobile accidents and benefits, and insurance coverage disputes.
Heather was a Bencher of the Law Society of Saskatchewan for six years and served as President in 2013. She completed the Directors Education Program through the Institute of Corporate Directors and obtained her ICD.D. designation in 2016.
Heather is a member of McDougall Gauley's Executive Committee.
- Saskatchewan, 1995
- Manitoba, 1994
- Institute of Corporate Directors, ICD.D, 2016
- ICD-Rotman, Directors Education Program, 2015
- Introductory Mediation Training, 1998
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1993
- Bachelor of Arts (Great Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 1990
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Corporate and Commercial Litigation (Saskatoon), 2022
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2020-present
- "Lawyer of the Year", Insurance Law (Saskatoon), 2017, 2023
- Insurance Law, 2015-present
- Appointed to Federal Judicial Advisory Committee: Saskatchewan, 2017-2019, 2020-2022
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 2012
- Canadian Bar Association
- Executive Member, CBA National Insurance Law Section, 2007-2010
- Representative to Court of Appeal Judicial Council, 2019-present
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- President, 2013
- Bencher, 2010-2015
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Past-President, 2009-2010
- President, 2008-2009
- Canadian Defence Lawyers, 2007-present
- Canadian Automobile Association, Director, 2018-2021
- CAA Saskatchewan Board of Directors
- Chair, 2015-2017
- Director, 2009-2021