Gord Kuski’s practice focuses on civil litigation in all areas of law including class actions, corporate and commercial litigation, and commercial insurance litigation.
Gord has been recognized locally, nationally and internationally for his litigation work. He was inducted as a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers in 1994. He also has an AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell. In Lexpert, Gord has been identified as a leading practitioner in four major civil litigation areas and is consistently named in the annual Lexpert Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada. Gord is also named in the Best Lawyers in Canada in four categories including class actions and Bet-the-Company litigation.
A representative list of corporate clients that Gord has represented in class action litigation includes Monsanto Canada Inc., Hollinger International Inc., Telus, BCE Inc., Carlson Hotels Inc., Pfizer Inc., Baxter Corporation, Bayer Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Pharmascience Inc., Teva Canada Limited, Mylan Pharmaceuticals ULC, and BGP Pharma ULC.
A representative list of clients that Gord has represented in litigation includes Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc., Aecon Group Inc., ABB Inc., Royal Bank of Canada, RBC Dominion Securities, CIBC Wood Gundy, Saskatchewan Financial Services Commission, University of Regina, City of Regina, Regina Police Pension Plan, Speaker of the Legislative Assembly, Government of Saskatchewan, Law Society of Saskatchewan, Canadian Lawyers' Insurance Association Inc., Saskatchewan Lawyers, Insurance Association Inc., SaskPower, SaskTel, Saskatchewan Government Insurance, Mobil Oil Canada Ltd., Imperial Oil Limited, Aon Reed Stenhouse Inc., and Investors Group Financial Services Inc.
Gord has represented the Provincial Court Judges’ Association in its last six triennial Provincial Court Commissions which determine compensation for the judges.
Gord is the chair of McDougall Gauley and has had an active role in the leadership of the Firm for most of his career.
- Saskatchewan, 1972
- Bachelor of Laws (Magna Cum Laude), University of Saskatchewan, 1971
- Gold medalist, College of Law (Great Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 1971
- Assiniboia Club, Past Director
- Wascana Country Club
- Regina United Way
- Professional Section Chairman
- Allocations Committee
- Canadian Cancer Society, Fundraiser
- Regina Queen City Kinsmen Club
- Heart Fund, Fundraiser
- Hospitals of Regina, Fundraiser
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Class Action Litigation (Regina), 2012, 2014, 2017, 2021
- "Lawyer of the Year", Insurance Law (Regina), 2019
- "Lawyer of the Year", Corporate and Commercial Litigation (Regina), 2011, 2013, 2016
- "Lawyer of the Year", Bet-the-Company Litigation (Regina), 2009
- Class Action Litigation, 2008-present
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, 2006-present
- Benchmark Canada, Saskatchewan Litigator of the Year, 2013, 2018, 2020
- Canada's Leading Litigation Lawyers, 2019
- Leading practitioner: Corporate Commercial Litigation, Commercial Insurance Litigation, Professional Liability Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation
- Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow, 1994
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent rating, 1990
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 1984
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Bencher, 1979-1985
- President, 1985
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Canadian Foundation, Director, 2010-present
- Saskatchewan Manitoba, Chair, 2004-2010
- Fellow, 1994-present
- Canadian Bar Association
- British Columbia Law Society, Honorary Member
- Alberta Law Society, Honorary Member
- Canadian Association of University Solicitors, Member and Past President
- Law Reform Commission, Commissioner, 1982 - 1992
- Honorary Consul of Finland for Saskatchewan, 1988-2007
- Knight (First Class) of the Order of White Rose of Finland
Numerous CLE Seminars
Saskatchewan Bar Admission Course, Civil Litigation, Section Head & Lecturer, 1977-1999
Business Law, University of Regina, College of Business Administration, Sessional Lecturer, 1974-1992