Elise von Holwede is an associate lawyer who has experience providing legal services in a variety of areas. Elise maintains a practice in general litigation and corporate commercial law.
Elise joined the McDougall Gauley team in 2020 as an articling student and became an associate after being called to the bar in June of 2021. She recently received her Juris Doctor from the University of Saskatchewan, College of Law.
Elise volunteered with Campus Legal Services during her first year of studies and took on the role of Student Director during her second year. Elise also completed a clinical placement at the Community Legal Assistance Services for Saskatoon Inner City Inc. (“CLASSIC”), the summer following her first year. Elise returned as the Student Manager for CLASSIC during her second and final year of law school.
Prior to law school, Elise obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree with distinction, double majoring in political science and psychology, from the University of Victoria. Elise also enjoyed a career as a nationally ranked ice dancer, training at major centres in both Ottawa, Ontario, and Victoria, British Columbia. In her spare time, Elise enjoys travelling, reading, yoga, and weightlifting.
- Saskatchewan, 2021
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, 2020
- Bachelor of Arts (Distinction) University of Victoria, 2017
- Marjorie Benson Leadership Scholarship, University of Saskatchewan, 2019
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Skate Canada Saskatchewan, Official
- Pro Bono Students Canada, Volunteer, 2017 – 2019