Deborah Giles is a family law lawyer in the firm’s Saskatoon office. Deborah has extensive litigation and negotiation experience and has successfully argued and defended matters in all levels of Court in Saskatchewan. Deborah has a general family law practice; however has a particular passion for family farm files.
Deborah’s practice focuses mainly in the area of family law. Deborah has successfully assisted clients at every level of court in Saskatchewan, including matters before the Court of Appeal. Her family law practice includes negotiating Interspousal, pre-nuptial, cohabitation and separation agreements along with extensive litigation experience in divorce, child and spousal support, division of property and parenting. In addition, Deborah has been fortunate to be able to incorporate the experience and knowledge from having been born and raised on a farm near Saskatoon into her practice.
- Saskatchewan, 2007
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, 2006
- Bachelor of Arts (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2003
- Canadian Bar Association
- Chair, Family Law North Section, 2019-2021
- Vice Chair, Family Law North Section, 2017-2019
- Chair, Family Law North Section, 2015-2017
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Farm Advisors
- Silverspring Pre-school Cooperative Board Member, 2018
- Softball and T-ball Coach, Arbour Creek Community Association, 2017-2018
- Community Legal Assistance for Saskatoon Inner City (CLASSIC), 2012