Dave McKeague provides advice in mergers and acquisitions, corporate organizations and business structures, corporate reorganizations, commercial real estate developments, commercial financing and secured transactions, private placements, and public offerings of securities. He has advised many institutions on restructuring initiatives and high-net worth clients on corporate and estate planning.
Dave's practice focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, all aspects of corporate and commercial law, commercial real estate and development, corporate and estate planning, and public offerings of securities.
Dave served as a member of the McDougall Gauley LLP Executive Committee from 1975-2012, when he was appointed co-chair of the firm. He was appointed senior counsel January 2017.
- Saskatchewan, 1974
- Chartered Professional Director (C. Dir.), 2015
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1973
- Advanced Bachelor of Arts, University of Saskatchewan, 1973
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Saskatchewan, 1970
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Corporate Governance Practice (Saskatoon), 2021
- "Lawyer of the Year", Banking and Finance Law (Saskatoon), 2014, 2020
- Corporate Governance Practice, 2020-present
- Securities Law, 2020-present
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2017-present
- Banking and Finance Law, 2006-present
- Corporate Law, 2006-present
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 1989
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Bencher, 1985-1991
- Past-President, 1991
- President, 1990
- Past Chair, Law Society Committees: Discipline, Professional Conduct, Inter-jurisdictional Practice, etc.
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Past Director
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Alberta Law Society, Honourary Member
- Federation of Law Society, Committee Member
- Inter-jurisdictional Implementation Committee, 1991–1993
- Edwards Inter-jurisdictional Practice Committee, 1988-1991