Brett Ledingham maintains a specialized practice in energy and mining law. He has experience assisting exploration and development companies regarding traditional resources such oil & natural gas, uranium, and potash, and non-traditional resources such as helium, lithium, and geothermal resource development. He assists mineral rights-holders with leases, estate issues and estate planning matters.
Brett’s practice focuses on oil and gas, alternative energy, and mining work, as well as estate administration work with respect to mineral rights.
Brett represents companies in the areas of energy and mining including those acquiring, purchasing, selling, exploring, and developing the following commodities:
- Oil and natural gas;
- Geothermal Resources; and
- other natural resources in Saskatchewan.
He works with owners of mineral rights in Saskatchewan to explain and negotiate agreements with energy companies that are interested in exploring and developing the owner’s mineral rights.
Brett is the team lead of the energy and mining group at McDougall Gauley LLP and works extensively with the Saskatchewan Land Registry system and the Saskatchewan Ministry of Energy and Resources oil and gas and mineral registry systems.
- Saskatchewan, 1998
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1997
- Bachelor Commerce, Honours in Economics (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 1994
- Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers, 2018-2020
- Leading Canadian Lawyers in Global Mining, 2018
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Natural Resources Law, 2022
- Mining Law, 2022
- Natural Resources Law, 2021-present
- Energy Law, 2015-present
- Oil & Gas Law, 2015-present
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Regina Bar Association
- Canadian Energy Law Foundation
- Heritage United Church, Trustee, 2020-present
- Hockey Regina, Coach, 2008-2017
- Regina Thunder of Prairie Junior Football Conference, Director, 2006-2012