Angela Stolz's practice is focused on commercial litigation, with an emphasis on construction, builders’ liens and tendering issues. She also practices in environmental law, including regulatory compliance, permitting and contaminated sites.
Angela has extensive experience in managing large, complex, multi-party litigation and arbitrations, particularly in the construction context. She has appeared before the Court of Queen’s Bench and the Court of Appeal in Saskatchewan. Angela has represented project owners, construction companies and engineers.
Angela is the lead of the McDougall Gauley Environmental Law Practice Group and served as the past Chair of the Environmental and Resource Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan. She has also participated in the Forum of Environmental Law.
Prior to joining McDougall Gauley in 2010, Angela practiced with a national firm in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Saskatchewan, 2010
- British Columbia, 2009
- Bachelor of Laws (Distinction), University of Alberta, 2008
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Regina, 2002
- YMCA Parent Advisory Committee, Child Care Centre, 2014-present
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Lawyers in Canada", Construction Law, 2020
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Saskatchewan South Environmental and Resource Law, Co-Chair
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Regina Bar Association
Construction Specifications Canada - National, Presenter, 2019
Construction Specifications Canada – Saskatchewan, Presenter, 2019
Canadian Bar Association, National Environment, Energy and Resource Section – National Conference, Presenter, 2018
Canadian Bar Association, Environmental and Resources Law – Saskatchewan, Presenter, 2012