Amanda is an experienced senior litigator. She acts in complex multi-party commercial and class action litigation, and works with clients and lawyers from other jurisdictions in multi-jurisdictional cases. She defends professionals in licensing-related complaints. She has argued at all levels of courts in Saskatchewan and the Supreme Court of Canada, and arbitral and administrative tribunals.
Amanda is a well-recognized senior litigator in Saskatchewan.
- “Amanda Quayle is considered a ‘terrific and very knowledgeable’ litigator and wins recognition for her work in commercial litigation and class action defence …”, 2018 Chambers Canada
Amanda’s class action defence experience is extensive:
- She acted in the successful defence of the first class action started in Saskatchewan.
- She regularly acts for defendants in class actions involving pharmaceuticals, medical products and other product liability claims, data/privacy breaches, and anti-competitive conduct claims.
Amanda has significant professional discipline and administrative law experience:
- She defends professionals against complaints by their regulators, including lawyers, pharmacists, psychologists, licensed practical nurses, insurance brokers, and respiratory therapists.
- She is counsel to discipline committees hearing complaints against professionals.
- She challenges unfair and unreasonable decisions of administrative tribunals for clients in the courts.
- Saskatchewan, 1998
- Bachelor of Laws (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 1997
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Alberta, 1993
- Who’s Who Legal: Canada Product Liability Defence, 2020-present
- “Best Lawyers in Canada”
- “Lawyer of the Year”, Corporate and Commercial Litigation (Regina), 2021
- Class Action Litigation, 2010-present
- “Lawyer of the Year”, Administrative and Public Law (Regina), 2019
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2017-present
- Administrative and Public Law, 2015-present
- Featured in Lexpert Special Edition: Health Sciences 2021
- Chambers Canada, Band 3
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 2019
- International Association of Defence Counsel
- VP Membership for the International North America Region, 2021 -present
- Member, 2016-present
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Continuing Professional Development Planning Committee, 2016-2020
- Regina Bar Association
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Hospitals of Regina Foundation – Four Seasons Ball Committee, 2017-2021
- Caring Hearts Counselling Inc. (formerly Regina Palliative Care Inc. (RPCI)
- President, 2016-2017
- Director, 2012-2018
- Countdown to Kickoff (Grey Cup 101), Chairperson, 2013
- Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada (Saskatchewan)
- Chair, 2004-2007
- Director, 2000-2010