Siera Paterson is an associate in the firm’s Saskatoon office. She maintains a broad business and corporate practice focused primarily on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and business transactions, and has experience with a variety of bankruptcy and insolvency matters.
Siera assists clients with general corporate commercial and governance matters. Siera has experience assisting and providing documentation on matters involving asset and share sales and purchases, real estate transactions, reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions. Her work extends to incorporation, corporate organization and governance matters, including unanimous shareholder agreements, partnership agreements and other similar agreements.
Siera additionally maintains a bankruptcy and insolvency practice with a focus on agricultural matters. She has firsthand knowledge of agricultural issues as she grew up in rural Saskatchewan working on her third generation family grain and cattle operation.
Siera has prepared submissions for and appeared as counsel before the Saskatchewan Provincial Court and the Saskatchewan Court of King’s Bench.
Prior to attending law school, Siera worked for the Office of Residential Tenancies and completed a Bachelor of Arts at the University of Saskatchewan with a major in Psychology and a minor in Crime, Law and Justice Studies. She completed her first two years of her Bachelor of Arts degree at Lakeland College in Lloydminster where she played for Lakeland College’s soccer team.
- Saskatchewan, 2019
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, 2018
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology (Distinction) University of Saskatchewan, 2013
- Associate Diploma, Lakeland College, 2011
- ACAC Academic Athletic Award, 2009-2011
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Elim Church Saskatoon, Sisterhood and Elim Kids, Events Volunteer, 2015-2019
- Community Legal Assistance for Saskatoon Inner City (CLASSIC), Walk in Advocacy Clinic, 2015, 2017
- University of Saskatchewan Campus Legal Services, 2016
- Boys and Girls Club of Saskatoon, 2014
- Disability Services for Students, 2011 - 2013