Kayla earned her Juris Doctor with Distinction from the University of Saskatchewan in 2021. Kayla joined McDougall Gauley in 2021 as an articling student and became an associate after being called to the bar in June of 2022.
Kayla grew up on a farm in Saskatchewan. Prior to law school, Kayla was training as a contemporary dancer in Vancouver, British Columbia and in Saskatoon. She continues to be involved in the dance community in and around Saskatoon by performing at various events and instructing dance lessons.
During law school, Kayla volunteered with the Public Legal Education Association.
- Bar Admission, Saskatchewan, 2022
- Juris Doctor (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2021
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Public Legal Education Association’s “Consent Project”, Presenter, 2018-2020
- Legal Follies, Volunteer Choreographer, 2020-2021