Heather Franklin is a litigation associate in the Regina office. Heather assists clients with a broad range of civil and commercial litigation matters, focusing on contractual disputes and construction litigation. She also maintains a general practice in municipal and environmental law.
Heather maintains a litigation practice, focusing on commercial, construction, and civil disputes.
She has experience in a large variety of court-based proceedings and in complex arbitration matters. In addition to her litigation practice, Heather also practices in the areas of environmental and administrative law.
Heather acts for a wide variety of clients, including owners, engineers, contractors, subcontractors, insurers, and government/administrative bodies. She assists clients on matters involving residential and commercial construction, contract disputes, regulatory compliance issues, and disputes involving land. She has experience in matters involving the Saskatchewan Farm Security Act, including implement repossession hearings.
Heather was recognized for her academic success, earning great distinction and high honours in her respective studies.
She is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and currently serves as the Vice Chair of the Environmental & Natural Resource Law South Section. She is also a Director of the Regina Bar Association and was recently appointed to act as Treasurer.
Heather has presented to the community on legal topics such as The Builders’ Lien Act, safety on construction projects, bidding and tendering, prompt payment, employee confidentiality, and employer-employee obligations.
- Saskatchewan, 2016
- Juris Doctor (Great Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2015
- Bachelor of Arts (High Honours), University of Saskatchewan, 2012
- College of Law Upper-Year JD Academic Achievement Scholarship, 2014-2015
- Foster Prize in Human Rights, 2014-2015
- Walter and Hertha Tucker Fellowship, 2014-2015
- Law Foundation of Saskatchewan Harry Dahlem Scholarship, 2013-2014
- Canadian Bar Association
- Vice-Chair, Environmental & Natural Resource Law South Section, 2020 - present
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Regina Bar Association
- Treasurer, 2020–present
- Director, 2018-present
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Cathedral Area Community Association
- Board Member, 2018 - 2021
- University of Saskatchewan
- Senator, 2013–2015
- Senate Executive Committee
- Member, 2013-2014
- Community Legal Assistance Services for Saskatoon’s Inner City
- Walk-in Advocacy Clinic
- Volunteer, 2014-2015
- Legal Advice Clinic
- Coordinator, 2013-2015
- Coordinator, 2013-2015