Heather Franklin maintains a general litigation practice, focusing on commercial litigation, construction, and civil disputes. Heather has assisted senior counsel with complex commercial litigation, and has experience in drafting pleadings and arguments for all levels of court in Saskatchewan.
Heather was recognized for her academic success, earning great distinction and high honours in her respective studies. While attending law school, Heather volunteered with Saskatoon’s Community Legal Assistance Services for Saskatoon Inner City Inc (“CLASSIC”), and was a coordinator of CLASSIC’s Legal Advice Clinic.
Heather articled with the firm in 2015 and was hired as an associate after being called to the bar in 2016.
- Saskatchewan, 2016
- Juris Doctor (Great Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2015
- Bachelor of Arts (High Honours), University of Saskatchewan, 2012
- Cathedral Area Community Association, Board Member, 2018
- Pro Bono Saskatchewan Residential Tenancies Panel Program, 2015 – present
- University of Saskatchewan, Senator, 2013 – 2015
- University of Saskatchewan, Member of Senate Executive Committee, 2013-2014
- Community Legal Assistance Services for Saskatoon’s Inner City
- Walk-in Advocacy Clinic Volunteer, 2014-2015
- Legal Advice Clinic Coordinator, 2013-2015
Awards & Recognition
- College of Law Upper-Year JD Academic Achievement Scholarship, 2014-2015
- Foster Prize in Human Rights, 2014-2015
- Walter and Hertha Tucker Fellowship, 2014-2015
- Law Foundation of Saskatchewan Harry Dahlem Scholarship, 2013-2014
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Regina Bar Association
- Director, 2018