Christina Kerby’s practice focuses on the areas of insurance law and civil litigation, including matters involving contract disputes, construction liability, personal injury, and insurance coverage disputes. She has appeared as counsel before all levels of court in Saskatchewan.
Between 2015 and 2016 Christina acted as trial counsel for the plaintiff in Good Spirit School Division No. 204 v Christ the Teacher Roman Catholic Separate School Division No. 212, successfully representing the plaintiff during a twelve-week trial challenging the constitutionality of public funding for the attendance of non-Catholic students at Catholic separate schools (2017 SKQB 109). Christina has served as a member of the United Way of Saskatoon’s Campaign Cabinet since 2016.
Christina joined McDougall Gauley as an associate in October of 2018.
- Saskatchewan, 2014
- Juris Doctor (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Calgary, 2010
- United Way of Saskatoon, Fundraising Campaign Cabinet, 2016-present
- New Hope Dog Rescue, Volunteer, 2015-present
Awards & Recognition
- Law Society of Saskatchewan Award of Distinction for Top Bar Admission Course Performance, 2014
- James M. Stevenson Scholarship, 2010
- Humanities Dean's List, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Jason Lang Scholarship, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Alexander Rutherford Scholarship, 2006
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Lawyers South (SK Branch), Vice-Chair/Chair, 2014-2016
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Saskatchewan Law Review, 2012-2013
- New Hope Dog Rescue
- United Way Annual Fundraising Cabinet Executive