Brad Mitchell practices criminal defence and civil litigation.
Brad’s criminal defence practice covers all criminal offences including, but not limited to: domestic assault, criminal harassment, sexual assault, impaired driving, drug offences, murder, youth matters, occupational health and safety offences and provincial regulatory offences. He also represents clients with professional and regulatory discipline proceedings.
Brad’s civil litigation practice is wide ranging and includes professional liability, personal injury, defamation and contractual disputes. He has represented individuals and corporate clients before all levels of court in Saskatchewan including Traffic Safety Court, Provincial Court, Court of Queen’s Bench, the Court of Appeal, the Provincial Court of Alberta and numerous professional discipline tribunals.
Brad is currently a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee.
- Saskatchewan, 2008
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 2007
- Bachelor of Sciences: Biology, University of Saskatchewan, 1999
- SaskAbilities, Board of Directors, 2017-present
- Special Olympics Saskatchewan, Volunteer Coach, 2013-present
- Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan, Rural Pro Bono Initiative, 2013-present
- Autism Services Saskatoon, Board of Directors, 2012-2016
- Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education (CPLED), Instructor, 2011-2013
- Community Legal Assistance for Saskatoon Inner City (CLASSIC), Volunteer Lawyer, 2008-present
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Lawyers in Canada", Criminal Defence, 2021
- Justice W. Frank Gerein Memorial Award, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association, 2019
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association