Brad Mitchell is a partner and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Brad practices primarily criminal defence and civil litigation, as well as environmental and municipal law. He regularly appears before all levels of court in Saskatchewan.
Brad represents clients charged with criminal offences including murder, sexual assault, domestic assault, fraud and financial crimes, impaired driving, and drug offences. He also represents clients charged with quasi-criminal offences involving workplace health and safety, environmental compliance, and traffic safety. As a member of the firms’ Defence Group, Brad also regularly assists clients with professional and regulatory discipline proceedings.
Brad’s civil litigation practice includes representing both plaintiffs and defendants in claims involving professional liability, personal injury, defamation, and contractual disputes.
Brad has represented individuals and corporate clients before all levels of court in Saskatchewan including Provincial Court, the Court of Queen’s Bench, and the Court of Appeal, as well as the Provincial Court of Alberta and numerous professional discipline tribunals.
- Saskatchewan, 2008
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 2007
- Bachelor of Sciences, Biology, University of Saskatchewan, 1999
- "Best Lawyers in Canada", Criminal Defence, 2021
- Justice W. Frank Gerein Memorial Award, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association, 2019
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Saskatoon Criminal Defence Lawyers Association
- SaskAbilities, Board of Directors, 2017-present
- Supervising lawyer –University of Saskatchewan College of Law - Criminal Intensive Practicum 2015-2021
- Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan, Rural Pro Bono Initiative, 2013-present
- Special Olympics Saskatchewan, Volunteer Coach, 2013-2019
- Autism Services Saskatoon, Board of Directors, 2012-2016
- Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education (CPLED), Instructor, 2011-2013
- Community Legal Assistance for Saskatoon Inner City (CLASSIC), Volunteer Lawyer, 2008-present